PaperDemon Art RPG

Open group | 1256 Members

Choose your own thumbnail?

1. Posted on Nov 27, 2010, 3:53:28 AM UTC
    ID: 25568 | #1
    doodlemancy
    Level 1
    XP

Hiiii! I'm new to PaperDemon. Really liking the place so far, although I haven't had much of a chance to interact due to SUPREME BUSINESS. :P

I like the unified look of the thumbnails a LOT. It's less visually noisy than other art sites where all the thumbnails are different shapes. However, I have but one wee suggestion!

I think it'd be neat if we could choose what part of our picture shows in the thumbnail. For example, SheezyArt has... I think some kind of JavaScript app where you can choose how to crop for the thumb, and MangaBullet just gives you a few choices (or you can upload your own).

Allowing people to upload their own thumbnails leads to trouble sometimes though, so... yeah. I dunno about that. But it'd be cool to be able to focus my thumbnails on something more eye-catching. xD

(If this feature does exist and I somehow missed it, please feel free to post insulting image macros.)

Last edited by doodlemancy on Nov 27, 2010, 3:57:24 AM UTC. 2 total edits.

2. Posted on Dec 3, 2010, 1:09:34 AM UTC
    ID: 25594 | #2
    BogusRed
    Level 281 ADMIN
    XP

Hi Doodlemancy, Thanks so much for the suggestion! I'm working on a new version of the art gallery and hopefully this feature will be included in the next version. But it's still a while coming. The art system is currently being completely rewritten from the back end. It's a bit messy and will take a while to clean up.

Quick Reply

🔒 This topic is locked and is not accepting replies.