Open group | 1256 Members

Married!

1. Posted on Sep 21, 2009, 6:17:56 AM UTC
    ID: 24797 | #1
    karanakaou
    Level 70
    XP

Hello everyone,

Well, after some crazy hard decisions and some incredibly rapid moving (there's no way for me to emphasize how quickly this happened), my boyfriend and I of three years are married!

Yay!

We're now settled in our home in Hawaii on the Army's Airfield. My husband is in the the Army, and is just a few minutes from work and I'm just a short walk from the base's shopette and PX. We're both incredibly happy and are ecstatic to be together. We've weathered a 15 month deployment and his being stationed here in Hawaii while I lived and went to school in Mississippi.

A larger ceremony and reception will follow in, what we're thinking, will be 2011. He's due to be deployed again in July of next year, so we're just going to have to wing it ;)

Our ceremony was attended by two of our friends from the base, and was officiated by a Hawaiian priest. It was very quiet, absolutely gorgeous, and exactly what we'd dreamt of!

[imgfp1691] [imgfp1692] [imgfp1693] [imgfp1694] [imgfp1695]

2. Posted on Sep 21, 2009, 10:05:39 PM UTC
    ID: 24798 | #2
    BogusRed
    Level 281 ADMIN
    XP

Congratulations Heidi. This is so amazing. It's a good thing you were able to have someone take the photos. This is an important moment in your lives. The photos turned out wonderful!

Best of luck on the planning of your 2011 reception! And congratulations again!

So how's married life? Have you gotten used to calling him "husband" yet?

3. Posted on Sep 23, 2009, 1:57:19 AM UTC
    ID: 24801 | #3
    karanakaou
    Level 70
    XP

It's definitely worth looking forward to! I have trouble remembering my new last name sometimes and still sign my maiden name on paperwork on accident occassionally. I do love writing the new name though...I practiced over and over again when we got engaged!

Being the "wife" is also insanely fun. I didn't know I was going to like it as much as I do! It's cliche, but I love doing laundry, cooking, arranging the house and doing little bits of decorating...meeting the neighbors, walking the neighborhood. Kevin's about to leave for training for 3 weeks, so I imagine I'm not going to love it so much here soon, but it'll make it all the better when he gets back ;)

Thanks BR!

4. Posted on Sep 29, 2009, 1:23:09 AM UTC
    ID: 24806 | #4
    Lilimayhem
    Level 81 BETA
    XP

Well my dear, I just had to log in so that I could say a huge CONGRATULATION!!! :) I'm happy for you and I sincerely wish you all the best!  :)

Quick Reply

🔒 This topic is locked and is not accepting replies.