PaperDemon Art RPG

Open group | 1256 Members

Your favorite art tuts or classes! Post them NOW!

1. Posted on May 28, 2016, 4:57:55 PM UTC
    ID: 28618 | #1
    Inuyoujo
    Level 13
    XP

What's your favorite art tutorial? Did you take an effective free community art class? Show the community and spread the awareness! 

In Albuquerque, NM there's a place that had free art classes while I was there a year ago. The place is called "OffCenter", and it's near the center of downtown. The classes were free and open to the community, but it's a been a year so I don't know if they still do it. It helped me a lot, though. I noticed the different in my style as I took the class.

As far as art tuts go, I do most online stuff for bodies, hands, and poses. I'm currently looking at "the line of action".  I have mixed feelings with the "How to Draw Manga" series, but I can see how it's helpful.

What say you, community?

2. Posted on May 29, 2016, 5:01:48 PM UTC
    ID: 28626 | #2
    BogusRed
    Level 281 ADMIN
    XP
    Oh thanks for starting this thread. I have a Pinterest board with short tutorials/reference that others may find interesting. http://pin.it/sjF6gGQ
  3. Posted on May 30, 2016, 1:19:29 AM UTC
    ID: 28631 | #3
    ArkillianDragon
    Level 275 BETA ADMIN
    XP

Oh man... I see them all the time on Tumblr, and people make master posts about it. I think a big thing is to know specifically what you want to improve, and to be OK with other people's art style. I think some people have big troubles learning new things cause they want to draw from an art style they look like when it's not as easy as that,

How to draw manga books- the original ones made in actual Japan are hit and miss. Some are pandery, and some are good. The deal is that to learn from how they teach, you need to do the exercises. Not just read them. They have a different teaching method to western taught books, If you're talking other How to draw Manga books, like ones that aren't Japanese translated, then those are dodgy. I like Mark Crilley's stuff, but he studied in Japan a lot. 

As for other things, there too much to list here. My latest fav is Proko's videos on Youtube. They taught me a LOT about life drawing and how to do it. I spent years doing night classes not getting it. IT all made sense when I understood what I was trying to do.

Quick Reply

🔒 This topic is locked and is not accepting replies.