This campaign is connected to the Eventide Ring Portal.
It will remain open until February 28, 2022.
The deadline has passed but you can still participate
Greetings PaperDemons, welcome to our first Art RPG Campaign! In the campaign events, you will play an interactive story game where your choices will impact the outcome of the plot. At the end of each chapter, you will create a piece of art or writing of your character in the story. You’ll be rewarded with loot and portal-exclusive prizes for each chapter challenge that you complete.
New to our Art RPG? Check out our beginner’s guide to get started!
You arrive in the Eventide Ring, one of many who seek their fame and fortune in the notorious firefalls— a yearly meteor shower of ancient, dead starships packed to the brim with treasure... and ghosts. But the ruins of the Ring aren’t keen to give up their mysteries. Every step you take deeper into the crumbling towers makes you more and more certain that you’re not alone— and that the watching eyes aren't content to just watch.
For participating in this challenge...
- You earn 80 XP per chapter you complete
- You earn 200 gold per chapter you complete
- Your character earns 7 AP per chapter you complete
- You earn a random item roll per chapter you complete
If you complete all three chapters of the challenge...
- Your character earns the Eventide Ring Campaign Trophy
- Your character earns a portal exclusive companion
- You earn 100 XP instead of 80 for the final chapter
You will be using the character you registered in our Character Creation Challenge. If you haven’t registered a character yet, follow that link to do so!
Pick one of the prompts below and draw or write your registered character in this new world!
- If you are submitting art, it should be a full color or multi-tone greyscale piece that shows at least half of your character’s body and matches the prompt you have chosen. Shading is optional.
- If you are submitting writing, your registered character should be the focus of the piece. The piece should be at least 700 words and it must match the content of the prompt you have chosen.
- Submit your entry to PaperDemon.com and copy paste the prompt you selected into the submission description.
- [Art submissions only] Tag PDARPGEventideCampaign and your character ID (e.g. PD123) then visit the Inn to collect your XP.
- To receive your AP and chapter rewards for completing this challenge, submit your work by clicking the [Add to ARPG Queue] button on the artwork’s page. Choose PaperDemon ARPG > Portals. An admin from our team will process your request, grant your character their AP, and deposit your loot into your bank. You’ll receive a private message when the process is complete.
Prompt #1 - Izre
Izre (Is-ray) is a demon with spiraling horns and wings. She's tall and buff and wears a sleeveless shirt. She has red skin speckled with dragon scales and yellow eyes with catlike pupils. She’s a compassionate and thoughtful scholar, and is always ready to learn something new. Draw or write your character meeting Izre. Your piece must include your character and Izre.
Prompt #2 - Qilen
Qilen (Kee-len) is an elf with shaggy brown hair and green eyes. His skin is pale. He wears a sage green coat with gold leather trim. He has fancy golden rings that have decorative chains that attach up to the gold bangles he wears on his wrists. He's mischievous and clever. Draw or write your character meeting Qilen. Your piece must include your character and Qilen.
Prompt #3 - Make Your Own Prompt
Do you want to draw a different part of the story? Draw or write your character during their first chapter campaign adventure. Your piece must include your character and an identifiable story element. Write in the description which part of the story you’re addressing. If you’re not certain if your piece is clearly connected to the story, feel free to ask for assistance in our discord.
Have questions? Click [Post a Reply] below or ask in our Discord server in the #arpg-discuss or #halp channels.
- [Jan 31] Deadline extended from Jan 31 to Feb 28. Revise "complete all four chapters" to "complete all three chapters." Fix create character link.
- Deadline extended from Dec 31 to Jan 31