PaperDemon Art RPG

Open group | 1219 Members

Harry Potter Fanfics?

1. Posted on May 28, 2011, 6:20:21 AM UTC
    ID: 25966 | #11
    DemonEmpress666
    Level 2
    XP

I have to agree on that. Brother/sister things are odd. I figured most people would feel that way but you'd be surprised how many people do it haha. Sometimes I'll read a chapter here and there though.. for curiosity haha. That's why I thought the whole Fred X George thing is weird. I dunno if you've ever seen Inuyasha before, but A LOT of people do Inuyasha X Sesshomaru which I also find very odd. And yeah some writers get nasty when you voice your opinion about their story. I mean, I love when people give their opinions on my stories so I know what my readers are thinking. It's not like you're being rude or something to them.

2. Posted on May 28, 2011, 6:33:55 AM UTC
    ID: 25967 | #12
    ArkillianDragon
    Level 273 BETA ADMIN
    XP

Some canon brother /brother or what ever is ok to me. I can see the appeal of Fred x George. They're both great characters and they're close in the book. It could be made believable abd for a crack pairing I can suspend disbelief for a while. Weird for my in the HP universe would be like Ginny and any of her brothers, Hermione and Snape (THIS is popular sadly), Dumbledore and anyone but Grindlewald... stuff like that. I mean, if the character is close in the story it's believable, but... some just feels wrong. Twinsect I get cause well... 2 is better than 1, and I can see Inuyasha x Sess working cause of the tension between the two of them (Although it's the only male x male pairing I could tolerate in that anime). Everyone to their own though. I don't believe for ONE second that even if a pairing is canon or not that the kink memecan't exist. I think it should be believable and not just dull smut. If you want to post it on the net, make it worth reading. Otherwise, just keep it to yourself ^^; That's how I see it. OCs can work too- don't get me wrong! If that fic I meantioned wasn't so completly out of character, then I would've been ok with it. That fic though was like walking in on your parents doing it. It was a horifying experience XD Not emotional at all.

3. Posted on May 31, 2011, 2:29:32 PM UTC
    ID: 25969 | #13
    DemonEmpress666
    Level 2
    XP

lmao yeah I hate the smut stuff. Like don't get me wrong, dirty stuff is great, but not when it's written just for the sake of being dirty and that's it. There has to be some kinda storyline to it. Not Char A walks in and sees Char B and then they just bang for no reason and every chapter is that over and over again. That stuff doesn't make sense. And yeah I saw a lot of Hermione/Snape ones. It's just... weird. lol Recently I somehow stumbled upon this fanfic "My Immortal". I read about half of it and it's probably the worst fanfic I've ever read in my life. It was like a trainwreck though.. I didn't want to see it but I couldn't look away. It's really popular on the internet as "the worst fanfic ever made". lol Its a HP one. Its.. just bad. 

4. Posted on May 31, 2011, 10:18:20 PM UTC
    ID: 25970 | #14
    ArkillianDragon
    Level 273 BETA ADMIN
    XP

O.o Actually, I was forced to read this a few years back, and it's bringing back all SORTS of 'fond' memories. I remember everyone at Hogwarths was goth, and I think I got half way through before I discovered mind bleach wasn't enough :/ I think I've only seen one worse than that- it was a Knights of the Old REpublic fanfic that I had to read a sentance at a time cause it was UNBEARBLE. Possibly slightly more than My Immortal, but only because they refered to the kinky parts as having GOO go everywhere O.o Urgh... That was NASTY. My Imortal is pretty hideous all the same though XD I think when you're that bad, you already have too much mind bleach to compare terrible with terrible XD

5. Posted on Jun 5, 2011, 3:31:32 PM UTC
    ID: 25982 | #15
    DemonEmpress666
    Level 2
    XP

lmao goo? That's nasty. I haven't gone back to read the rest of My Immortal yet. My mind is begging me for a break haha. I will eventually though. It's just so bad I have to read it.

6. Posted on Jun 6, 2011, 12:24:59 AM UTC
    ID: 25985 | #16
    ArkillianDragon
    Level 273 BETA ADMIN
    XP

Oh- it's worse than that cause they made canon characters into Sues. Revan was all 'My size D boobs are so tiny!' and... who was the love interests? Uh, it's the canon one. He's all "My penis is only 'X' length" which happened to be the length of an above average sized penis, but the hilarious thing was that they converted the length from INCHES to metric, so it ended up being some number with 2 decimal places after it! LOL. Me and my friends were like "OMG this is so terrible". A few people tried to give critique for it. IT took them a week to bush bash through the fic. The commentaries made it worth reading. I wonder if it's all still up somewhere....

Did you join any of those communities in the end?

7. Posted on Aug 23, 2011, 9:29:35 AM UTC
    ID: 26154 | #17
    DemonEmpress666
    Level 2
    XP

Hey. I know it took me forever to respond. I've been having some computer issues. Do you mean the sites you recommended to me? I did join one of them, but I haven't been on in a while. And I still haven't written my HP fanfic either! I have all these great ideas, but I can never get them on paper haha.

Quick Reply

🔒 This topic is locked and is not accepting replies.