PaperDemon Art RPG

Open group | 1251 Members

Harry Potter Fanfics?

1. Posted on May 25, 2011, 11:36:09 AM UTC
    ID: 25952 | #1
    DemonEmpress666
    Level 2
    XP

I noticed there aren't a lot of Harry Potter fanfics, and there aren't any recent ones on PaperDemon. Is that because no one is into them or no one wants to write them?

I've been wanting to write one for years now, so I decided to stop procrastinating and just do it. The problem is I have  a few ideas and I can't choose which one to run with. So I figured I'd ask my fellow writers/readers. smiley

1. A muggle girl and Draco fall in love.

2. A girl with non-magic parents and Draco fall in love.

3. A story told from the P.O.V. of a young female Hogwarts student during a wizarding war.

4. Other suggestions?

I'm really stuck here. Help! 

2. Posted on May 25, 2011, 9:11:13 PM UTC
    ID: 25953 | #2
    ArkillianDragon
    Level 275 BETA ADMIN
    XP

Hmmmm... Well, I don't follow the writing section much- I havent' writing a fic in a LONG while. I suspect that the right people just aren't on the site yet. Are you specifically wanting Draco prompts?

3. Posted on May 26, 2011, 5:03:53 AM UTC
    ID: 25954 | #3
    DemonEmpress666
    Level 2
    XP

No, not really. That was just one of the ideas I had, but I couldn't decide what to make the girl. I wouldn't normally write about original characters actually. Normally I'd take the whole world of Harry Potter and make an original story within it. When I write any fan fics that's what I tend to go for. 

4. Posted on May 26, 2011, 7:26:47 AM UTC
    ID: 25955 | #4
    ArkillianDragon
    Level 275 BETA ADMIN
    XP

Me too. My last Phoenix Wright fanfic had more OCs in it than actual canon characters. It's funny- I've been asked a few times what game my OC Zeth is in XD Heheh... I love that :D I need to get back to writing it when I'm not racing the clock to get a comic done T.T

5. Posted on May 26, 2011, 7:47:33 AM UTC
    ID: 25956 | #5
    DemonEmpress666
    Level 2
    XP

Haha that just goes to show you that you're an awesome writer if people are mistaking your characters for real ones. I just love the atmosphere of things like Harry Potter, or games, or animes. I mean I love the characters too, but I don't like changing them to make my story. I feel like I have more freedom if I make my own people.

6. Posted on May 26, 2011, 9:12:29 AM UTC
    ID: 25957 | #6
    ArkillianDragon
    Level 275 BETA ADMIN
    XP

HAH! Nah,  think it's just me getting lucky :) He got a following pretty fast cause that fandom doesn't have many OCs in it and I made teasers for it and stuff XD I was going really well, but I came up to a wall that I needed to get around which needs a rewrite :( I have to sort out a few plot holes before I rewrite it T.T It's kinda annoying. It's tough to write some of them in character too ^^;

I haven't done much HP art, but I did enjoy the series (except the last book T.T ). I'm another Snape fangirl :3 He's just so awesome and broody XD So many of the characters are awesome though! It's really actually hard to chose who I like the most ^^ OCs fit in the universe so easily too. My friend is on an RP website for Harry Potter where you all get to be OCs in Hogwarts :) IT was pretty cool, but I didn't have to time for it ^^; My friend is one of the teachers now though.

Glad you don't make them OOC though :) Nothing worse than a forced fanfic XD Oh yes, I've been burnt sadly. It was a terrible DBZ fic that indroduced me to Mary sues. I wanted to tear my eyes out XD

7. Posted on May 26, 2011, 11:11:24 AM UTC
    ID: 25958 | #7
    DemonEmpress666
    Level 2
    XP

Gah, I hate those walls! I get them all the time. Sometimes I get them before I even write the story haha. I can't choose my favorite characters from HP either though. I love them all, even the bad ones. Well except Voldemort, but I thought Bellatrix was kinda fun in a crazy morbid way. I've actually been looking for an RP site for HP. I gave up when I didn't find anything good though. Do you happen to have a link for that game? lol 

And yes, the thing I probably hate most in fan fics is when people take a character from something and totally change their personality and everything. I die a little inside every time I read it. I can't bring myself to do it! haha

8. Posted on May 27, 2011, 12:42:40 AM UTC
    ID: 25959 | #8
    ArkillianDragon
    Level 275 BETA ADMIN
    XP

Oh- thank goodness XD No, the one that burned me had like, all the DBZ crew having a gathering for some unknown reason, bad guy comes around and kills off Chichi first (cause the writer had a crush on Goku) then proceeded to weed off Bulma and then the strong fighters as they decided to finally try to fight, They all got taken down but not killed to show that the pathetic random encounter that took GOKU down was powerful, then MAry Sue litterally flew onto the scene and took the bad guy down. Goku immediatly forgot about Chichi his now DEAD WIFE and proceeded to declare sweet love to her.

O

M

G

I read alot of fanfic before then. It actually scared me from casual fanfic reading. I only read stuff now which is recommended to me. I'm actually scared to encounter a story this bad again. Sad thing is, I use to write like this. You know what though? I NEVER POSTED IT. Only I have permission to read them and their Sue crap glory cause they're stupid XD

As for the RPGs, I think the one I was on for a week was Hogwarts Live, but I notice there's also Hogwarts Extreme. They use programs to level their characters. It's actually really cool :) My friends one you can actually take classes and get grades! I think it's Forum based off memory :)

9. Posted on May 27, 2011, 1:54:32 AM UTC
    ID: 25960 | #9
    DemonEmpress666
    Level 2
    XP

Omg that's awful! I hate the stories like that, or the ones where two mortal enemies fall in love in the fan fic. It's like that's really stretching it haha. I've read a few Inuyasha ones that are REALLY out there. Even some of the HP ones are nuts. Like Draco and Harry love stories, Fred and George in love, Snape and Harry in love. I have no problem with guy on guy, but that would never happen! lol And I know I'm not the best at grammer and stuff, but some of these people can't form full sentences. They're missing words and I can barely even read their stuff. It's a crime to literature! lol 

Thank you for the links too! I'm definitely going to try them out :)

10. Posted on May 27, 2011, 4:33:34 AM UTC
    ID: 25961 | #10
    ArkillianDragon
    Level 275 BETA ADMIN
    XP

Lol- I don't mind non canon relationships- for example, Snape X Harry or whatever, but what I DON'T like is if they act out of haracter in it like Snape being a walkover and not strict, or Harry being scared for no reason. That kind of thing pisses me off. Like that Sue fic. Goku being taken out by something that some random girl took out. Him forgetting about his wife outright. All of that kind of thing is totally OOC. That I hate. Kink pairings? Sure, what ever floats your boat, right? Mind you, I'm pretty forgiving for most couplings cause I tap it myself XD IT's all for the Kink meme though so it's harmless :) I DO detest the people that have OTPs and will flame you for likeing them with another pairing. That sucks :/ There's alot of OTP in the Phoenix Wright fandom. I happen to like most pairings with Phoenix, but I dont' like Maya x Phoenix cause it's like brother sister to me. There are ALOT of people that don't like me for that. I don't force mine on them though. IT's just creepy to me :/

Quick Reply

🔒 This topic is locked and is not accepting replies.