PaperDemon Art RPG

Open group | 1219 Members

Hey, all!

1. Posted on Oct 1, 2017, 2:43:23 PM UTC
    ID: 28903 | #1
    RoostOwls
    Level 1
    XP

I go by RoostOwls most places, but my real name is Ciera. It's nice to meet you all. I'm excited to get active here and hope to try to get more involved with this community soon. What's something you all like to create most often? For me it's stories and character art. 

2. Posted on Oct 2, 2017, 3:21:53 AM UTC
    ID: 28904 | #2
    MaskedLin
    Level 66
    XP

Nice to meet you too, RoostOwls! I personally like the community here a lot, I hope you come to as well. I'm also very story and character oriented, most of my art on here involves my characters. I'm also distinctly a dragon artist, and all of my significant characters thus far are dragons (not like my username makes that apparent, heh!) 

3. Posted on Oct 2, 2017, 3:56:29 AM UTC
    ID: 28905 | #3
    RoostOwls
    Level 1
    XP

I hope to. That's pretty awesome. I personally love dragons. That's really cool that you have so many dragon characters. I think it's a fun challenge to make them unique and yet get through with them when writing, as far as body language as well as movement. Ha-ha, if that makes any sense. 

What is it you like most about this community so far? (I'm curious!)

4. Posted on Oct 4, 2017, 5:29:22 AM UTC
    ID: 28908 | #4
    MaskedLin
    Level 66
    XP

Figuring out body language is interesting, it helps to look at examples of real life animals to egt an idea of what to do. I intend to have my stories as comics, so it's extra important  that I figure that out! Designing them is a blast too, I put a lot of time into each of my character's designs (and redesigns!).

I enjoy how people go out of their way to comment on people's works, even if the piece isn't a part of their niche interests. It's not too uncommon for me to get into a casual conversation when I didn't expect it, which I really enjoy. On other sites I'm on, comments are very seldom, which I find disheartening. Further, I haven't had bad encounters with people on here, it's been positive and friendly, rather than on my toes.

5. Posted on Oct 6, 2017, 8:57:34 PM UTC
    ID: 28909 | #5
    BogusRed
    Level 279 ADMIN
    XP

Hello RoostOwls! Welcome to PaperDemon!

I'm your humble host. As MaskedDragonNamedLin said, it's pretty friendly here. And we try to keep it that way. If you have any suggestions on how to keep the community going, let me know.

Also if you have any drawing or writing tips, please do share. I like to share that kind of info with the rest of the members through our social channels and mailing list.

Quick Reply

🔒 This topic is locked and is not accepting replies.