PaperDemon Art RPG

Open group | 1219 Members

No one uses the Members Portal

1. Posted on Sep 3, 2011, 4:11:00 AM UTC
    ID: 26166 | #1
    BogusRed
    Level 279 ADMIN
    XP

In the past month, of ALL the people who logged into PaperDemon, only 13% used the members portal at least once. It seems like a lot of users aren't using it. Is it because they don't know about subscribing to their favorite artists? Or do they not know the portal exists? Does it not feel as useful as other pages of the site? What do you think we can do to improve this?

50% of logged in users go to the main paperdemon.com homepage. Perhaps we should merge the portal and the homepage? Youtube has a similar interaction. The youtube homepage is customized for your tastes when you're logged in. Perhaps we should do this too. Thoughts?

Last edited by BogusRed on Sep 3, 2011, 4:25:54 AM UTC. 2 total edits.

2. Posted on Sep 8, 2011, 10:33:30 PM UTC
    ID: 26193 | #2
    ArkillianDragon
    Level 273 BETA ADMIN
    XP

It does seem difficult. The other option is combining it with the profile page or something. I think simplifying it would be good.

BTW- can the chat box be in local time? It's weird making posts at '3am' when it's the middle of the day ^^; It's hard to related to American times.

3. Posted on Sep 16, 2011, 6:27:32 PM UTC
    ID: 26297 | #3
    paprika-studios
    Level 2
    XP

I agree that simplifying it would be a good thing as well. I can honestly say that I truly state that it was confusing to me as to what exactly "Portal" was until, I was in it one day and realize, it's an inbox for my messages. So I think it's confusing as to what it actual was that was my issue.

4. Posted on Mar 22, 2012, 4:25:09 PM UTC
    ID: 27863 | #4
    Cokekitty
    Level 115
    XP

The members portal does look a bit needlessly complicated. I think instead of having everything on it at once, perhaps just an alert if you have new comments or new subscription notices, with links you can click on for more details would be nice. Having the chatbox right in the middle of the page looks a bit weird too. I remember it used to be in the sidebar on just about every page. Could it possibly go back to that?

5. Posted on Apr 4, 2012, 8:56:36 PM UTC
    ID: 27886 | #5
    BogusRed
    Level 279 ADMIN
    XP

I like the idea of it being a summary, just stating how many notifications you have and then a link to see more.

I wouldn't want to move the chatbox back to the left side. It's a lot more active these days with it being more prominant.

Quick Reply

🔒 This topic is locked and is not accepting replies.