Open group | 1255 Members

Forum Reply Notification

1. Posted on Jan 23, 2011, 1:52:39 AM UTC
    ID: 25728 | #1
    Lunar
    Level 1
    XP

Hello,

I think it would be very useful to have some form of notification when a post you've made is replyed to. Particularily, if the little orange envelope's number went up by one (it doesnt even have to be in a separate folder or whatever, as long as it says 'hey, you have a reply!'). On my old account, I ended up inadvertently ignoring people's responses heart

Anyway, if you get the time, I think a lot of people would find this really useful. Also, it might liven up the site if people can keep conversations going.

-Lunar

2. Posted on Feb 18, 2011, 3:57:57 AM UTC
    ID: 25768 | #2
    BogusRed
    Level 281 ADMIN
    XP

Hi Lunar.

We do have this feature. But the button is missing. I'll take a look into it. I don't know what happened to it!

EDIT

Ok so the button isn't missing. I didn't see it because I'm already subscribed to the parent forum.

If you want to receive notices when a reply is posted to a thread you like, just click on the "Subscribe: Forum Topic" and you'll get a notice on your members portal when a new reply is posted.

Also, you can subscribe to an entire forum, such as the Art forum. If you subscribe to the whole forum, all new topics and replies posted will appear in your members portal. A count of them will also appear in the upper right.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Last edited by BogusRed on Feb 18, 2011, 4:05:54 AM UTC. 1 total edits.

3. Posted on Feb 24, 2011, 4:37:30 PM UTC
    ID: 25777 | #4
    BogusRed
    Level 281 ADMIN
    XP

No problem! Let me know if you need help with anything else.

Our forum isn't like a standard forum (though I try to make the interface similar) so sorry if it was confusing.

Quick Reply

🔒 This topic is locked and is not accepting replies.