PaperDemon Art RPG

Open group | 1255 Members

Deadpool?!

1. Posted on May 14, 2016, 3:08:37 PM UTC
    ID: 28586 | #1
    Inuyoujo
    Level 13
    XP

I haven't seen the movie, but I heard it's great and people are already screaming for a second installment. I'm still very new to Deadpool and I tried to play the game for 15 minutes before I was like "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" and I've never read the comics.  I'm sure I look DP as a character. What do you all think about Deadpool as the character and how the movie made him look?

2. Posted on May 19, 2016, 2:04:45 AM UTC
    ID: 28601 | #2
    Harlequaint
    Level 9
    XP

I've never read he comics or played the game, but I know enough about Deadpool that when I walked into the movie I knew what I was expecting. They did  him justice in my opinion. It not a movie you take a kid into simple because it a Marvel Film. There is language, nudity, sex, drug use, bad puns, forth wall breaking, third wall breaking and a Tyrannosaurus Rex with barbecued humans. From what I have seen of the game it slightly tame compared to the movie. 

3. Posted on May 20, 2016, 2:55:36 AM UTC
    ID: 28602 | #3
    ArkillianDragon
    Level 275 BETA ADMIN
    XP

I don't follow Marvel comics... or I didn't till recently. I do collect Incredible Ironman, but that's it. Cause of that I only know of Deadpool from cross overs, but I collected the Agent X mini series (I was a big Udon fan back in the days) which is a spin off of Deadpool and really enjoyed it, so I knew the type of humour I was expecting in the movie. Also, a lot of my friends do read Deadpool, so I hear a lot about what his comics are like. Based on a description of how the comics work like at their best, the movie hit it on the nose. 

I'm a huge fan of B grade movies, and dorky humour so I loved it :) I don't have a comparison to comic first hand though. I feel though that you should be able to appreciate it without the comics to back it up though. I had a lot of fun watching the movie, and I loved the lets plays of the game. He's.... not a serious character, and you need to keep that in mind when you follow him. if you don't like blood, or crude talk, he's no good. I find him fun to watch in small doses. I wouldn't want to read a comic about him though. 

Quick Reply

🔒 This topic is locked and is not accepting replies.