PaperDemon Art RPG

Open group | 1222 Members

Tintin

1. Posted on Dec 11, 2011, 9:03:26 AM UTC
    ID: 27716 | #2
    ArkillianDragon
    Level 273 BETA ADMIN
    XP

Seen it? Is it in the theatres in America? I haven't, but I don't know what to make of it. I have my doubts about a 3D Tintin. I think some things don't need to be translated. They might just pull it off though

2. Posted on Dec 12, 2011, 12:21:19 AM UTC
    ID: 27720 | #3
    calypsoidal1
    Level 20 BETA
    XP

Having read them all (even Tintin in the Congo), and watched the animated series, I can't imagine better hands to manage this film.

Will I see in in the theaters?  Probably not.  Going to the movies here in the States is becoming a very unpleasant experience, between the initial cost, the commercials, the cell phones (or whatever they are)... I'm torn.

I'm also kind of wondering if any of you manga fans see Herge as an influence on the genre?

3. Posted on Dec 12, 2011, 1:25:19 AM UTC
    ID: 27722 | #4
    ArkillianDragon
    Level 273 BETA ADMIN
    XP

Well, Peter JAckson does it best when it's either very serious and high budget, or totally b grade crack humour. I doubt it's crack humour like Bad Taste so I'm thinking that the movie might just take it's self too seriously. I hope they have lighter moments in it. Tintin was very swash buckler, light hearted with adventure in it more than action. I hope that having it in CGI doesn't tempt them too much into making it unrealistic eventwise. IT's forgivable in 2D, but not in 3D. It has some BIG names producing it though so it'll be big in some way. IT's whether it's true to Tintin or not, not whether it'll be worth watching. It'll be worth watching even if it's not true Tintin.

As I said, I'll see what I think of it.

4. Posted on Dec 13, 2011, 3:07:31 AM UTC
    ID: 27731 | #7
    calypsoidal1
    Level 20 BETA
    XP

I just want to see if they feel the need to have somebody look at Tintin and say, "Hey, what's with the hair?" or if they'll just play it straight.

5. Posted on Dec 13, 2011, 11:21:57 AM UTC
    ID: 27732 | #8
    ArkillianDragon
    Level 273 BETA ADMIN
    XP

I kinda hope not. Taking the mickey out of characters with unique hair can get old fast for me :( It's a bit... meta, you know? IRL people don't demand to know why your hair is weird without wanting to insult you. IT feels weird to me to see it in a movie for that reason. 

6. Posted on Dec 20, 2011, 7:50:44 PM UTC
    ID: 27739 | #9
    Sakke
    Level 3 BETA
    XP

I expect I won't be seeing it, at least not in a theater. My last experiencein a movie theater was not a very good one. 

Hergé was an influence for me,more so in the past than today. I too have read them all including Tintin in the Soviet (which was banned in this country untill the end of Soviet rule) Still I do occasionally go back and refer to the books to see the way he did draw and how he managed the story. So I am afraid I'm not going to like the movie. 

7. Posted on Dec 20, 2011, 8:37:42 PM UTC
    ID: 27740 | #10
    ArkillianDragon
    Level 273 BETA ADMIN
    XP

I'm going to see it on Saturday when it comes out. It'll either hit or miss, and if it hits, I want to see it on the big screen. I'll tell you guys my opinion when I see it :) Hopefully it's true to it's name :) Despite it's 3D, it looks like it's worth something

Quick Reply

🔒 This topic is locked and is not accepting replies.