PaperDemon Art RPG

Open group | 1247 Members

Green Latern

1. Posted on Jul 14, 2011, 2:55:02 AM UTC
    ID: 26067 | #11
    qwertyjpc
    Level 1
    XP

I haven't seen the movie but my aquaintance Jedd has . sorry to spoil it for you guys but he says Hal Jordan's literally retarded and acts like he doesn't know how to use the ring.  and Jack Black as Lobo is a terrible idea unless they give him stilts. he may have the attitude but he is not big enough to be Lobo.

I wish you film people would listen to me: Just copy the comics' stories exactly. I'm tired of seeing the Batmans and the Supermans with these lame redos ..here's an example of reusing comics characters: Sin City and Flash.  I'm not a big fan of Flash comics but Jedd says they copy the stories from the comics for that beautiful tv show which is what these guys should be doing. Yes, Flash the tv show. They even copy the costume almost completely. And by the way, Flash the tv show is available on dvd.

OKay i will agree with one thing about Sin City...using the layouts of the comics and shooting them the exact way it looks on camera seems like they were overdoing it, but you see? Sin City is a perfect movie for doing it. Frank Miller was CEO of 300 and made a clause in which they couldn't use the layouts of the comic for it but still...

Last edited by qwertyjpc on Oct 18, 2011, 2:10:06 AM UTC. 4 total edits.

2. Posted on Jul 15, 2011, 5:06:36 AM UTC
    ID: 26083 | #12
    WildeKarde
    Level 21
    XP

On Jul 13, 2011 7:55 pm, qwertyjpc said:
    [quote]

I haven't seen the movie but my aquaintance Jedd has. He complains about it a lot first of all saying (which you guys hide a lot) that the main character's name is Jason. sorry to spoil it for you guys but he says he's literally retarded and acts like he doesn't know how to use the ring.  and Jack Black as Lobo is a terrible idea unless they give him stilts. he may have the attitude but he is not big enough to be Lobo. Jack Black as Kyle Rayner sounds stupid too. 

I wish you film people would listen to me: Just copy the comics' stories exactly. I'm tired of seeing the Batmans and the Supermans with these lame redos ..here's an example of reusing comics characters: Sin City and Flash.  I'm not a big fan of Flash comics but Jedd says they copy the stories from the comics for that beautiful tv show which is what these guys should be doing. Yes, Flash the tv show. They even copy the costume almost completely. And by the way, Flash the tv show is available on dvd.

OKay i will agree with one thing about Sin City...using the layouts of the comics and shooting them the exact way it looks on camera seems like they were overdoing it, but you see? Sin City is a perfect movie for doing it. Frank Miller was CEO of 300 and made a clause in which they couldn't use the layouts of the comic for it but still...

[/quote]

Ok Jedd, Is lost. Who is Jason? Complaining about height in a comic book charactor has become irrelivant. Wolverine is 5'4" and Hugh Jackman is 6'2". I think he plays a pretty damn good Logan.

Batman Latest retelling is pretty damn good and dark. If you want it to follow the comic book. Believe it or not The Adam West Batman was straight out of the comic. Campy as it sound the comic book got really cheesy for years before the modern era.

Once again Jedd has to pick up some comic books. I loved that Tv serries Flash hell I recorded them all except one. No it wasn't pulled out of the comics. One his name was Barry Allen, yet they played him with Wally West quirks and his eating habits. Barry didn't have those. Comic book the suit fit in a ring. In the show the suit molded to his body and created a protective layer. Star Labs is also from the Wally West era.. And Clostest they came to the comic was the Trickster (Mark Hamell) Where was the other villian like Gorilla Grud  .

Want follow something closer to the Comic I'd go with Warner Brothers Cartoon's But then again the changed things. The Joker, (best Joker Ever) well thats actually a version of what he did inthe flash with Trickster. Clayface, was nothing like the cartoon version, niether was the Penquin. But I'm not saying they are bad versions. They Improved Mr. Freeze, to the point he became a first class villian. And you gotta love Harley!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I still think Green Lantern is still a good movie. Hell of a lot more with the comic than X-men. Thou they did improve the TOAD.

Jack Blacks Attitude is more GUY.

DC every 10 years goes through this lets reboot Characters. They used to do it in a good way. Retire or kill off a hero. Barry Allen to Wally West is an example.  Lets See Green Lantern was Allen, Hal, Guy,John and Kyle. I don't see why they can't do that now. Marvel was even worse at it. They didn't retell the story, they just said remamber all those comics you read, none ever happened. Or that wasn't really Peter Parker but his clone. Comics honestly started going down hill as soon as Jim Lee started Image comics. Cause at that point every artist thought they could write. Ahh the birth of Deadpool.

Sin City and 300 and Watchmen were great comic adaptations to film but They are Graphic novels. Short run comics that begin and end basically in a few amount of comics is not in one. It becomes harder when there is history. So far Smallville as off the comic as it got is the one thats stayed truer to the feel of who Sups is. Any Time you take something from pages and put the to film you will lose something. only thing you can think is is it enetertaining.

I already got a couple complaints lined up for Captain America. where are his wings on his mask, and his shield wasn't round in WW2. and don't get my started on Nick Fury. Why is he black now? Nick Fury has more history than any other marvel hero. He was around before superhero comics

Quick Reply

🔒 This topic is locked and is not accepting replies.