Open group | 1220 Members

Thor - Review

1. Posted on May 15, 2011, 4:41:46 AM UTC
    ID: 25945 | #1
    WildeKarde
    Level 21
    XP

I watched Thor yesterday.

Honestly I went in thinking the costumes look like a SYFY channel movie. Was irritated that there was  asian and Black NORSE GODs. Come on they are NORSE! Ok i was expecting little given that Thor is a one of the cheesiest marvel heroes, thou admittedly a bad @$$.

Here we go, I sat down and was entertained and don't feel I wasted time or money. The armor works, the action is good, The look is believable

I'll give a FULL PRICE rateing, worth $11 ticket.

Pay the full price to watch. don't spend the extra for IMAX or 3D, its not that good for a $15 ticket.

Stay til end of credits for a teaser.

2. Posted on May 15, 2011, 7:32:07 AM UTC
    ID: 25946 | #2
    ArkillianDragon
    Level 273 BETA ADMIN
    XP

Oh wow- really? XD THAT is how they catered for the market by changing the races of gods from Nordic to other? ^^; I hate it when they do that. I find it interesting that they had an Aussy play Thor though XD 

3. Posted on May 18, 2011, 4:21:23 PM UTC
    ID: 25947 | #3
    paprika-studios
    Level 2
    XP

I actually watched Thor in an IMAX 3D and while it may have not been the greatest 3D version, they still did a good job. There are parts where you get the "double-image" but overall it was a great experience. Here's my review on the movie and the 3D.

Story 4/5: The story overall was very good and enjoyable. It had a good mixture of comedy, drama, and action which was well portrayed by the actors in the film. The transition of updating the timeline in the story for a more modern Earth was well done as it did include phrases such as "Facebook" and smartphones - a really good move or else it would have felt like watching an out-of-date film. Toning down Thor, I believe was a smart move as to make him more relateable to the audience verses 'I'm Thor and I'm on par with the Hulk'.

Acting 5/5: I was really pleased with the acting as the actors really got into their roles and made them feel relatable. While having big named actors in the film, I didn't not find myself trying to compare them to their previous roles as this can be common in other roles  (i.e.: Anthony Hopkins, Natalie Portman). The casting of an not well known actor for Thor I believe was a good choice as well - regardless if the accent came thru every now and then. Hehe! Even though there was some questionable casting choices due to race mainly, overall the acting really came through.

Action 5/5: Absolutely love the action in this film! It was enough to be satisfying but not overkill. Warning: Do not watch the Conan Thor Spoof Trailers before seeing the movie otherwise you'll be making jokes throughout the action scenes.

Graphics 4/5: The 3D graphics in this movie reminds me more of the "old school" movies, but works well with it.

3D 3/5: Not one of the best films that I have personally seen in 3D as there were parts where you could see the "double-image" (noses were the biggest issues) and if you were perscription glasses, this becomes more noticeable. There were still a lot of nice scenes though that was protrayed nicely in 3D, but if you were glasses or contacts, you may want to steer clear of the 3D experience.

In my opinion, this is one of the better Marvel films done where the director gets the idea of 'what not-to-do'. Iron Man is still my favorite of the Marvel movies, but this movie can definitely stand alone like the reboot of The Increditble Hulk. It's definitely worth seeing the movie in theatres. If you decide to watch it in IMAX 3D, do not expect the best 3D ever as it is just mediocre.

4. Posted on May 20, 2011, 3:04:25 AM UTC
    ID: 25950 | #6
    WildeKarde
    Level 21
    XP

I like Hawkeye but he's a supporting character. they shouldn't force that down our throats. Worst Hero movie was the Wolverine one that they should dis-own. That they tried to rush out just to cash in on Deadpool.

5. Posted on May 20, 2011, 7:36:19 PM UTC
    ID: 25951 | #7
    paprika-studios
    Level 2
    XP

lol! You and I think on the same wave length as I don't think it's a good move to do a movie for Hawkeye. I honestly believe they should just skip over his story honestly and get on with the "big" movie.

Quick Reply

🔒 This topic is locked and is not accepting replies.