Open group | 1245 Members

Sleep with your flash light Edward Cullen *contains movie spoilers*

1. Posted on Mar 13, 2011, 7:17:06 PM UTC
    ID: 25809 | #11
    franpoo
    Level 2
    XP

WELL.

i'm going to be honest and say that i read like, 47 pages of the book before giving up on the excruciatingly painful plot and horrible main characters. Bella's Mary Sueism is in such epic proportions i honestly don't understand how Edward could even fall for her ( or anyone, for that matter ). on the other hand, a one hundred year old virgin vegetarian vampire who sparkles in the sunlight and enjoys watching people sleep doesn't seem to have very high relationship standards anyway.

the movie..well, it wasn't downright terrible, even though i did fall asleep somewhere in the middle ahaha;;

i found Pattinson to have been a terrible choice for the role of Edward, considering i don't find him charming at all, or even attractive, but hey - to each his own. the fact the actor himself hated being part of the film productions leaves me somewhat relieved though. Kristen Stewart's absolute lack of a personality was just tear inducing. she could have given something to the character she was portraying to at least make her more bearable, but apparently she's just as good an actress as Stephanie Meyer is a writer.

all in all, i think the saga is an attempt of murder to modern Literature, vampires, werewolves, and babies.

also the fangirls are just terrifying. same for the haters. it's a terrible story, yes, but it's just that. a story. not worth throwing acid to a kid's face k.

2. Posted on Mar 13, 2011, 8:16:24 PM UTC
    ID: 25810 | #12
    ArkillianDragon
    Level 274 BETA ADMIN
    XP

Oh, yeah- I actually read... 3/4 of Twilight the novel hoping that it was somehow better and that there was SOMEONE out there with tastes, but really, if you don't have anything to work with, you can't make it any better without it deviating from the original story.

See, I don't have a problem anymore with the plot. I don't even have a problem with Edward Cullen and his very un vampiric ways. What I have a problem with now I see is Bella. He's such an INCREDIBLY flat character, she's a bitch, and has no redeaming qualities. In the story the plot moves slower so I can see why people think it's romantic. It's less bad in the book. It's stil VERY creepy. 

I'm actually liking the later movies more though. Movie 3 I think was the best out of the worst- I liked having the Edward x Jacob team up. It made them likeable to me. Bella was still a cow though cause she bounced off them :/ Edward looks more dead in 3 also.

I donno. My friend watched it and she reckons that it's B grade lol, but if Bella was ACTUALLY a tragicly beautiful woman that should've been born in a different era then it'd be a much better story. Bella is suppose to be average (huh?)though. 

3. Posted on Mar 14, 2011, 7:41:41 PM UTC
    ID: 25822 | #13
    Sukaiburu
    Level 5
    XP

I read the entire series- first because it was "okay I am rather young and this is an okay book" then they all went downhill from the first one. After that it was just "what is keeping these people so entertained?! how is this... what?"

I watched... three minutes of the "exciting" parts of the movie. I laughed at the bad acting, and left. I really don't plan to watch it.

4. Posted on Mar 14, 2011, 9:14:59 PM UTC
    ID: 25823 | #14
    ArkillianDragon
    Level 274 BETA ADMIN
    XP

There's a saying for what happened in the movie, cuae they actually did the parts justice IMHO. You can't make a purse out of a sow's ear.

Basically, if the characters are badly written, and so is the plot, then you CAN'T actually make a good movie out of it. That, and they tried to make the series an action series when the focus was always more on the romance. Insteed of TRYING to make it romantic, they actually successfully made Edward an alien freak, and Bella a zombie, makign all the secondary characters INFINITLY more interesting than them, which is wrong. In the book, the secondaries get meantioned inbetween paragraphs of how beautifull Edward is. Dare I say it- the movie would ACTUALLY been beter if it were more like that, then the main characters wouldn't be so dull.

Quick Reply

🔒 This topic is locked and is not accepting replies.