PaperDemon Art RPG

Open group | 1220 Members

Layout preferences for fics question for you all!

1. Posted on Jan 15, 2016, 7:45:34 PM UTC
    ID: 28458 | #1
    BrowcoatWhit
    Level 1
    XP

Hey -- any recommendations here on how to best format a scene break within a chapter, here on PaperDemon?  How do other writers prefer to do this?

I like throwing in horizontal lines to make that visual break while I'm working Google Docs, but I don't believe that's an option here. (?)  I'm settling for a series of hash-marks instead.

Also -- it took me a little while to figure out that the narrow single-column format for paragraphs wasn't a formatting mistake that I was making, but a formatting standard for the site.  Why are the text lines so short, and is there any way for us to play with that in the future?

2. Posted on Jan 15, 2016, 10:06:09 PM UTC
    ID: 28459 | #2
    BogusRed
    Level 279 ADMIN
    XP

On Jan 15, 2016, BrowcoatWhit said:

Hey -- any recommendations here on how to best format a scene break within a chapter, here on PaperDemon?  How do other writers prefer to do this?

I like throwing in horizontal lines to make that visual break while I'm working Google Docs, but I don't believe that's an option here. (?)  I'm settling for a series of hash-marks instead.

You can try adding the <hr> tag when in "Source" mode of the editor. But people find all sorts of different ways like something as simple as:

~*~

On Jan 15, 2016, BrowcoatWhit said:

Also -- it took me a little while to figure out that the narrow single-column format for paragraphs wasn't a formatting mistake that I was making, but a formatting standard for the site.  Why are the text lines so short, and is there any way for us to play with that in the future?

Sorry for the confusion. The line width is short to make it easier to read. But maybe I made it too short?

http://maxdesign.com.au/articles/em/

Quick Reply

🔒 This topic is locked and is not accepting replies.