PaperDemon Art RPG

Open group | 1220 Members

Post your Christmas tree!

1. Posted on Dec 11, 2011, 9:21:04 AM UTC
    ID: 27718 | #1
    ArkillianDragon
    Level 273 BETA ADMIN
    XP

I understand Christmas is BIG in America, so show me your stuff guys! I'd like to see some Christmas trees :D 

Mine is a fake tree, but it's nice and fluffy. I just got it up today *is a little late*

tree.jpg

2. Posted on Dec 12, 2011, 10:37:13 AM UTC
    ID: 27727 | #3
    ArkillianDragon
    Level 273 BETA ADMIN
    XP

I bet you have an awesome geek tree, Susie :D Maybe an 8 bit one XD 

That'd be an awesome project actually- 8 bit Christmas. I've seen 8 bit ornaments and clothing and stuff. It's a movement- seriously. Retro geek is sso cool right now :3

3. Posted on Dec 12, 2011, 2:27:07 PM UTC
    ID: 27729 | #4
    sakarri
    Level 1
    XP

My Christmas tree is an artificial one also that has a neat little history.

My mom started this tradition when I was younger, where she got me a mini tree that she used a bunch of left over ornaments to decorate it with. But what I didn't know until later was, she saved every hand made ornament I ever made or received, along with a few that were bought for me. So the year I turned 18, I had moved out, and it was my first christmas on my own, and I had no tree. She bought me the tree you see below, and gave me all those ornaments she'd been saving to decorate with. So now every year in December, I get it out, fluff out the branches, and decorate it all over again.

Haha. So, it's nice to have the memory behind it.

Here's the link to the pic: 208flv8.jpg

I don't know how to link images here...

<edit="Arkillian">If you know HTML, you can chuck it into the source code rather than the mark up text by clicking 'Source' in the top left of the box. There doesn't seem to be an easy button for pictures though... Your picture is up though :) </edit>

Last edited by ArkillianDragon on Dec 12, 2011, 7:55:52 PM UTC. 3 total edits.

4. Posted on Dec 12, 2011, 7:58:37 PM UTC
    ID: 27730 | #5
    ArkillianDragon
    Level 273 BETA ADMIN
    XP

That's  a pretty sweet story ^^ That was really nice of your mother to do that (Doubt my parents will do that for me XD ). It can be tought getting through Christmas for the first time without a friendly tree to give you the loving feeling. 

5. Posted on Dec 14, 2011, 9:18:12 PM UTC
    ID: 27733 | #6
    BogusRed
    Level 279 ADMIN
    XP

That's what makes Christmas extra special are all the things that have a memory behind it.

My husband received a new ornament every year at christmas from when he was 1 to today. And now they're all on our tree. I also have a lot of sequin ornaments that my Mom hand made.

Sorry I still don't have my picture yet. I'll post it soon.

6. Posted on Dec 19, 2011, 7:41:08 PM UTC
    ID: 27736 | #7
    Sakke
    Level 3 BETA
    XP

Really great topic! I like the stories of childhood decorations. My mother has some decorations from when she was a child that she uses to put on the tree every christmas. They used to be on her parents tree when my grandparents still lived. 

Sorry that I haven't got a picture: We are not planning to get a tree as we'll be going to my mother's for the hollidays.

7. Posted on Jan 9, 2018, 11:43:44 PM UTC
    ID: 28965 | #8
    Firiel
    Level 65
    XP

[IMG]http://i68.tinypic.com/2mxg1eo.jpg[/IMG]

Normally ours is a pure chaos of memories, but we went a little lighter on the decorations this year because of timing issues. It was still fun though. <3

Quick Reply

🔒 This topic is locked and is not accepting replies.