PaperDemon Art RPG

Open group | 1220 Members

Not sure how to let him down easy?

1. Posted on Dec 24, 2010, 8:30:42 AM UTC
    ID: 25644 | #1
    MissJenRose
    Level 10
    XP

My friend & I were at a party about a week ago and I met a guy who said that I was cute and wanted to add me on Facebook, so I let him. I didn't think anything of it, but as the party progressed, he kept clinging to me, talking to me and eventually asked if I wanted to go out with him when we got to know each other better. I told him maybe, because he had said earlier on that when his girlfriend dumped him he became suicidal for a bit and I wasn't sure what else to say so suddenly.

He seems like a really nice guy, but I'm not interested in him at all and there's also a bit of an age difference (he's 15 & I'm 18) and while I could try to avoid him forever, we have a few mutual friends. enlightened

How do I let him down easy?

2. Posted on Dec 24, 2010, 9:05:05 AM UTC
    ID: 25645 | #2
    ArkillianDragon
    Level 273 BETA ADMIN
    XP

Actually- 3 years seems alot now, but later it wont be so much. If you like him as a friend then tell him. If he's too clingy then tell him to lay it off. Be straight with him. It'll hurt more if you string him along and not tell him it's for nothing. He may be happy with friendship. Do you like his personality? (Besides the clinginess)

3. Posted on Dec 24, 2010, 9:47:39 AM UTC
    ID: 25648 | #3
    MissJenRose
    Level 10
    XP

That's some really good advice, I'll try it :)

I'm actually not entirely sure about his personality besides the clinginess & niceness, I'm not sure if we even have anything in common :/

Quick Reply

🔒 This topic is locked and is not accepting replies.