Open group | 1252 Members

Food store: How to get hired?

1. Posted on Jun 16, 2009, 7:42:14 PM UTC
    ID: 24449 | #1
    Inuyoujo
    Level 13
    XP

Hay ,u gusies! Long time ,no see!

I'm in a bit of a fix. I have a job now ,but i want to get a new one. I want to go to a food store ,but they say they're not hiring ,but i know they are.

What should i do? Just be direct: Go up there and directly ask for the hiring manager ,or what?

2. Posted on Jun 17, 2009, 2:20:07 AM UTC
    ID: 24451 | #3
    ArkillianDragon
    Level 275 BETA ADMIN
    XP

Are you asking the right person? You might be asking someone who doesn't know cause it's not their buisness. There's nothing wrong with door knocking though. They have to understand that its a resession, and jobs are scarce. Door knocking is very proactive :) You need to talk to the right people though.

3. Posted on Jun 17, 2009, 8:43:31 AM UTC
    ID: 24455 | #4
    Inuyoujo
    Level 13
    XP

On Jun 16, 2009 1:00 pm, BogusRed said:
    [quote]

If you know their hiring but they said they aren't, it's possible they are only looking for referrals from current employees.

[/quote]

That's a good point.

On Jun 16, 2009 7:20 pm, arkillian said:
    [quote]

Are you asking the right person? You might be asking someone who doesn't know cause it's not their buisness. There's nothing wrong with door knocking though. They have to understand that its a resession, and jobs are scarce. Door knocking is very proactive :) You need to talk to the right people though.

[/quote]

Sometimes... It depends ,tho. Some say they are hiring and some say they aren't.

I asked someone at work ,and she said you have to go up there. You can't talk to those dumbies on the phone. =/

Quick Reply

🔒 This topic is locked and is not accepting replies.