Open group | 1255 Members

What am I supposed to do?

1. Posted on Apr 27, 2009, 7:50:53 PM UTC
    ID: 24274 | #1
    Sukaiburu
    Level 5
    XP

Or at least, what can I do.

There's a guy at my school who happens to be a friend of mine that likes me, and I've turned him down more than once. Unfortunetly, no one wants to accept the fact that I don't like him. I started avoiding the guy because I already feel bad about having to turn him down the first time. I can beat myself up on my own, but again, no one wants to accept this fact.

My friends are starting emotional torture on me, by always letting me know when he's depressed or upset, and want me to fix it and make him feel better, which I don't feel is my job to do. All that they're doing to me is just leaving me irratated and more likely to start yelling at someone, since I don't think that I can show any other emotion, because they seem to want to pick at them to tear me apart.

I now fear walking down the halls, because if I ever run into him he has to talk to me and make sure that I'll see him at the end of the day so he can walk me to my bus. You'd think that eventually this kid would give up and realize that he's beaten, but apparently not.

Any help with this situation? I've tried everything that I can think of, but it doesn't seem to be working.

2. Posted on Apr 27, 2009, 8:56:56 PM UTC
    ID: 24276 | #2
    Sliverbane
    Level 40
    XP

I've been in your situation - even though it was hard to do I had to STERNLY remind him I wasn't interested. 

Now your friends! :mad: They need to back off and but out.  You've made your standpoint clear.  They're not being very good friends by pushing the issue.  I would not stand for their behavior, but that's just me. (I'd most likey give them a few choice words if they wouldn't quit!)  If they can't understand why then they're making way too much of this or perhhaps some of them have nothing better to do than to see you squirm when they mention this guys emotional state.

Just because some guy isn't 'getting it' doesn't mean you have to stroke his ego or something. 

Maybe you should tell him:  'I've told you I'm not interested and your constant attention is only making me resent you.  Give me some space.'

Stick to what you believe and try not to let it get you too down. :heart:

3. Posted on Apr 28, 2009, 12:30:57 AM UTC
    ID: 24277 | #3
    Sukaiburu
    Level 5
    XP

On Apr 27, 2009 1:56 pm, Sliverbane said:
    [quote]

I've been in your situation - even though it was hard to do I had to STERNLY remind him I wasn't interested. 

Just because some guy isn't 'getting it' doesn't mean you have to stroke his ego or something. 

Maybe you should tell him:  'I've told you I'm not interested and your constant attention is only making me resent you.  Give me some space.'

[/quote]

Yeah, I'm going to have some trouble with telling him that. |D;

I agree with you on the "having to sroke his ego" thing too, I don't feel like comforting him or anything to that extent isn't my job- if he's upset then why, instead of trying to get me to do it, don't they try to help him? It's not something that I understand.

[quote]

Now your friends! :mad: They need to back off and but out.  You've made your standpoint clear.  They're not being very good friends by pushing the issue.  I would not stand for their behavior, but that's just me. (I'd most likey give them a few choice words if they wouldn't quit!)  If they can't understand why then they're making way too much of this or perhhaps some of them have nothing better to do than to see you squirm when they mention this guys emotional state.

[/quote]

I agree with you on this, too. I've had it with a lot of my friends- they like forcing me into situations I don't want to be in, and this just so happens to be one of them. I tried to explain to two of my friends how I was being driven insane by the constant "oh, he's depressed- oh, he's upset- oh, he seems down" from everyone, and one of my friends understood, she told me that it doesn't seem right, whereas the other said "Well, they're only telling you because you're the only one that can make him feel better", which seriously made me go "Wait- what? Driving me to insanity is now justified by saying that I'm the only one that can help? Well what about all of you, who are driving me insane instead of comforting him?" which didn't get a response.

Only thing that stops me from just leaving behind most of my friends is that I wouldn't have many left- maybe three or four, and I don't feel like having to go through finding new friends, since I hate most of the people at my school. (/rant)

[quote]

Stick to what you believe and try not to let it get you too down. :heart:

[/quote]

I'll try- thank you for the advice.

Quick Reply

🔒 This topic is locked and is not accepting replies.