Open group | 1251 Members

Women peeing standing up?!

1. Posted on Feb 24, 2009, 2:56:48 AM UTC
    ID: 23816 | #1
    BogusRed
    Level 280 ADMIN
    XP

This topic is for ladies only.

I just heard about this yesterday but apparently there is a device you can buy called the GoGirl which lets you pee standing up.

I nearly fell over when I heard about it and don't quite understand the appeal. I could see that if you're traveling and need to go in a gross bathroom it could come in handy, but then you'd have to carry around a 'peeing device' with you. What do you ladies think of this?

2. Posted on Feb 24, 2009, 3:18:02 AM UTC
    ID: 23818 | #2
    Animeiac
    Level 27
    XP

I saw that on "The Dish" on Style Network once but to be honest. I don't think I like the idea of peeing standing up. First off, the urine runs down  your leg even if you had that thing on. Second, I preffered peeing sitting down. At least I enjoy the sitting down part. Takes the load off my feet while I release a load in the toilet. And that another thing, if I need to pee standing up, what about the pooing part. Should I sit down for that or shove a tube up my @$$.

If people are going to invent something that will make you go when you are on a go, why not a collapsable toilet that you can easy fold it up and take it anywhere you go.

In the mean time, I'll hold mine in until I can find a restroom, I may not like them but at least they're indoors and have a sink so that I can wash my hands after wards.

3. Posted on Feb 24, 2009, 8:22:22 AM UTC
    ID: 23820 | #3
    ArkillianDragon
    Level 275 BETA ADMIN
    XP

I heard about it a few years back when it first came out. The radio tried it out, and they said it was the weirdest, most liberating feeling ever. It'd be good at a concert or somewhere where toilet cues were bad.

In the mean time, I hold reserve of my rights of not giving my brain the option of doing it when the cloth covers XD

4. Posted on Feb 24, 2009, 10:14:03 AM UTC
    ID: 23822 | #5
    insomniac
    Level 3
    XP

I've heard it recommended for things like camping, as well as generally gross places.

An aside: these kinds of devices are also sometimes used by ftm (female-to-male) transgendered people, so as to use a men's restroom without worrying, or just for the sake of feeling more comfortable.

5. Posted on Feb 24, 2009, 10:25:58 AM UTC
    ID: 23823 | #6
    ArkillianDragon
    Level 275 BETA ADMIN
    XP

On Feb 24, 2009 2:14 am, insomniac said:
    [quote]

or just for the sake of feeling more comfortable.

[/quote]

Using this as a loose definition of comfortable... being that's you're peeing in your pants potentially. Usefull netherless

6. Posted on Feb 24, 2009, 6:26:06 PM UTC
    ID: 23826 | #7
    Reikaza
    Level 3
    XP

On Feb 24, 2009 2:25 am, arkillian said:
    [quote]

On Feb 24, 2009 2:14 am, insomniac said:
    [quote]

or just for the sake of feeling more comfortable.

[/quote]

Using this as a loose definition of comfortable... being that's you're peeing in your pants potentially. Usefull netherless

[/quote]

... If you're questioning how a FtM trans person might feel more comfortable, then let me remind you it's most likely a psychological, emotional comfort. Not a physical one.

If I'm completely misunderstanding your comment, never mind me.

7. Posted on Feb 24, 2009, 8:04:39 PM UTC
    ID: 23828 | #8
    Jilly
    Level 115
    XP

That's the most hilariously riduculous thing I've ever heard of. I can see it being used for ftm purposes like Insomniac said but really other than that I don't see the point. It'd be awkward for one and even with that thing on you're likely to get urine all over the place. I don't really understand it. Is sitting down THAT much of an inconvience seriously? It just seems like people are getting lazier and finding ways around even the most simplest tasks now-a-days.

8. Posted on Feb 25, 2009, 12:12:56 AM UTC
    ID: 23829 | #9
    Sliverbane
    Level 40
    XP

On Feb 23, 2009 7:18 pm, Animeiac said:
    [quote]

Second, I preffered peeing sitting down. At least I enjoy the sitting down part. Takes the load off my feet while I release a load in the toilet. And that another thing, if I need to pee standing up, what about the pooing part. Should I sit down for that or shove a tube up my @$$.

[/quote]

That's what I'm talking about... I like sitting down.  It's a little break if you've been on your feet all day. 

Oh, and yeah...carrying it around would be kinda yuck!  You'd have to rinse it out and such.  :no:

Last edited by Sliverbane on Feb 25, 2009, 12:14:21 AM UTC. 1 total edits.

9. Posted on Feb 25, 2009, 2:43:26 AM UTC
    ID: 23831 | #10
    BogusRed
    Level 280 ADMIN
    XP

Yeah it sounds interesting in theory but when you get down to it, carrying around a thing with your pee on it doesn't appeal to most girls.

Quick Reply

🔒 This topic is locked and is not accepting replies.