PaperDemon Art RPG

Open group | 1255 Members

Real Man

1. Posted on Feb 22, 2009, 11:14:59 PM UTC
    ID: 23807 | #11
    Sliverbane
    Level 40
    XP

Tch! A lot of men think nailing at many women who will let them is manly.  They forget that those same primal men they're using as an excuse  took care of the famalies they created.  Any man can make a baby - a real man becomes a Father.

On the subject of emtional content of men.  Depends on the culture. I watched a show about a tribe of people where the  gender stereo types were reversed.  Women complained that men were over emotional cry babies while the women were logical, tough and authoritative.  In fact men were expected to cry and wail at funerals while the women remained quiet and stoic.  Wierd, but interesting!

Gender roles, cultural taboos, etc. It all affects how boys are raised to later become men.  In Japan I noticed men cry more often and touch each other affectionatley.  That doesn't mean they don't have their fair share of testosteron-filled manly habits - but I thought I'd present an example of how culture affects men a lot.

2. Posted on Feb 23, 2009, 4:17:16 PM UTC
    ID: 23813 | #13
    insomniac
    Level 3
    XP

On Feb 22, 2009 10:02 pm, Animeiac said:
    [quote]

Do you think that now a days the word 'manly' is associated with homosexuality?

[/quote]

Nooo. Are you kidding? A lot of macho types (I'm generalizing very broadly) still think of homosexuality as the ultimate in un-manliness. (Clearly these macho types have never met a bear.)

3. Posted on Feb 23, 2009, 11:59:05 PM UTC
    ID: 23814 | #14
    blackwinddragon
    Level 16
    XP

I think you`re being very unfair, Animeiac, with these stereotyping your making.  Biologically, a "man" is a creature that has the right equipment -- this "real man" stuff is cultural and behavioral nonsense.  Everyone's expectation of a man is different and it's unfair to not keep that in mind when stating these generalizations you are trying to make.  So, I think the proper question is not "what makes a real man" but more "where does a person gain thier expectations of a real man."  Someone mentioned that they learned from an example led by their father, but I think any strong male figure in your childhood is going to change your views on the expectations of a "manly man."

Last edited by blackwinddragon on Feb 24, 2009, 12:14:43 AM UTC. 1 total edits.

4. Posted on Feb 24, 2009, 3:07:56 AM UTC
    ID: 23817 | #15
    Animeiac
    Level 27
    XP

blackwinddragon: I'm sorry if I sounded unfair. I just wanted to know what is a real man. I've heard so many definitions about the word 'man' that I don't know if any of them are true or not.

5. Posted on Feb 25, 2009, 5:08:53 AM UTC
    ID: 23833 | #16
    blackwinddragon
    Level 16
    XP

On Feb 23, 2009 7:07 pm, Animeiac said:
    [quote]

blackwinddragon: I'm sorry if I sounded unfair. I just wanted to know what is a real man. I've heard so many definitions about the word 'man' that I don't know if any of them are true or not.

[/quote]

Of course you have, silly, because everyone's cultural and social environments were different when they raised as children, and anything of signifigance that occurs later in adulthood (ie. a good boyfriend versus a nasty boyfriend) is going to change their opinion.  And someone's definition is not going to be right for everyone -- somone who's had a wretched experience with men in thier lives is going to have a very jaded view compared to someone who didnt.  I think someone stated it earlier, but basically a "man" is what ever you want to make of it, based on your previous experiences.

Think of like this -- what do you think a real man should be?

6. Posted on Feb 25, 2009, 6:49:39 AM UTC
    ID: 23836 | #17
    Animeiac
    Level 27
    XP

On Feb 24, 2009 9:08 pm, blackwinddragon said:
    [quote]

Of course you have, silly, because everyone's cultural and social environments were different when they raised as children, and anything of signifigance that occurs later in adulthood (ie. a good boyfriend versus a nasty boyfriend) is going to change their opinion.  And someone's definition is not going to be right for everyone -- somone who's had a wretched experience with men in thier lives is going to have a very jaded view compared to someone who didnt.  I think someone stated it earlier, but basically a "man" is what ever you want to make of it, based on your previous experiences.

Think of like this -- what do you think a real man should be?

[/quote]

I don't know... even I could answer that question, my answer will be exactly wrong.

Before you say that there is no right and wrong answer... my answer would never feel right.

There are endless vairety of men in the universe. Good men, bad men, funny men, serious men, playful men, family men, single men, working men, rich men, poor men, happy men, sad men, angry men, weird men... but none of them are real men.

The only one who knows what a real man is is God.

7. Posted on Apr 27, 2010, 4:36:23 AM UTC
    ID: 25147 | #18
    An72
    Level 1
    XP

For me, the characteristics of a real man are the one who can handle himself freely. He is the one responsible enough to face any circumstances whatever life may bring. Know how to protect his own not by shedding of blood but by his unique way. He knows how to stand up for his dignity and principle, and someone who really knows what is the true essence of being a man. I mean, if you really know yourself, it will not that hard for you to play it. Right?

==============================================

It's not what you gather, but what you scatter that tells what kind of life you have lived!

Flash Intro Templates

8. Posted on Apr 29, 2010, 7:26:26 PM UTC
    ID: 25153 | #19
    AtalantaAsahoshi
    Level 2
    XP

Honestly, I think it's irrelevant what other people consider a real man to be. Everyone has their own views on it. You need to find your own definition, not someone else's.

Quick Reply

🔒 This topic is locked and is not accepting replies.