PaperDemon Art RPG

Open group | 1245 Members

Seeking Tutorial!

1. Posted on Mar 8, 2020, 1:38:09 AM UTC
    ID: 29286 | #1
    hushicho
    Level 33
    XP

Painting has never been my strong suit, and I tend to stick with watercolors and pastels, and the occasional gouache. But I've always been fascinated with and admired so much art used for pulp novel and comic covers, especially the work of Emanuele Taglietti, who did most all the covers of a favorite comic of mine, Sukia.

You can see some select covers here, but of course there's plenty of nudity, sexy stuff, and violence, so be warned.

I would absolutely love it if someone out there with this skill could share it with me in the form of a tutorial video. I prefer to work in Clip Studio Paint, but just about anything would work, as long as it's well-explained or at least clear enough from the video and its approach. If it's speedpainting, please explain how you do it, because speedpainting tends to be...not much help due to the speed at which it's presented.

I've looked all over and haven't found anything like Taglietti's work, or really anything pulp-like. I think it's probably an acrylic approach with a stunning technique used to make every figure appear so vivid and real, but without the overwrought "photorealistic" nonsense I see in excess lately.

In advance, thank you! I hope someone can come up with something, and I will absolutely be sharing this video with every artist I know, because all of us do want to learn.

Last edited by hushicho on Mar 8, 2020, 1:38:41 AM UTC. 1 total edits.

Quick Reply

Please login to post to the forums...

Login