PaperDemon Art RPG

Open group | 1246 Members

Getting started with digital painting and digital art

1. Posted on May 11, 2006, 3:44:30 PM UTC
    ID: 9314 | #21
    WildeKarde
    Level 21
    XP
    Oh yeah, I don't know how I lived without a tablet before. One I have was $100. Its great easy to use. And pressure sensitive. If your gonna draw or paint digitally go out and get one.
  2. Posted on May 11, 2006, 9:02:26 PM UTC
    ID: 9317 | #22
    ArkillianDragon
    Level 274 BETA ADMIN
    XP
    On May 11, 2006 8:44 am, WildeKarde said:
    Oh yeah, I don't know how I lived without a tablet before. One I have was $100. Its great easy to use. And pressure sensitive. If your gonna draw or paint digitally go out and get one.

Wacom? OR other? My tablet ins A4 (ish) Wacom Intuos 2 and cost me around $600 NZ- BEST investment EVER. I donno how much it is in American- probably alot cheeper cause we're on the other side of the world ^^;
  3. Posted on Nov 18, 2006, 1:29:10 AM UTC
    ID: 14562 | #24
    bloodysmurf
    Level 15
    XP
    I use a flatbed scanner. Epson. Its one of the many loves of my life ^_^

As for digital coloring, I use Adobe Photoshop 7.0 (hopefully Ill upgrade to CS once i get a stick of RAM for my new comp.)

I recently posted a thing in the forum all about Tablets. Ive gotten some realllyyyy handy tips from everyone in there.

To me it seems, that a tablet would be a great thing for you. You said youve used traditional materials for a long while, so it only seems natural that you should continue using pencil like thingies on the tablet. So its easier that switching to evil mice.

No matter what you do..youre gonna end up spending a lot of money. Photoshop is waayy high..Scanners arent cheap, if you get a good one that lasts, ad these tablets seem a bit outragous...but Im sure its worth it ^_^

I suggest finding sites that give you free demos. They are wonderful.  ^_^ That..or find friends who have this stuff already :D

Quick Reply

🔒 This topic is locked and is not accepting replies.